Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thankful-Day 3

I'm thankful for my kids.
Since I'm trying to do a thankful post everyday I'll highlight each of them on different days. By no means do I love one more than the other. (just thought I would throw that out there)

Since she is the oldest and the one to first give me the privilege of being called a mommy, I'll start with Alyssa.

I'm thankful that she is who she is. Sweet, caring, helpful, a hard worker. The list could go on and on. With Jeff working the night shift and me left to do all the running I have come to depend on Alyssa's set of hands. No, she is not doing everything while I sit and watch TV. She is right along side me locking the door while I buckle Gabriella in. Pouring a bowl of cereal for Brandon while I comb his hair. She is a great helper!
I'm thankful that I don't have the worries some parents do with kids her age. I don't worry about her being influenced to do bad things or being disrespectful in school, church or dance. My worries with her are things like "can she handle the work load with school,dance, church activities, student government and SAVE"
I have no clue what Jeff and I did to be so blessed by her, I'm just glad we are.

0 comments: