Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thankful- Day-13&14

This is a two dayer one for sure.
I'm thankful for the chaotic mess that I call my life.
My house is rarely clean, I almost always have laundry piled somewhere and my kids have been known to run the show. I have toys in every room in my house and sometimes crumbs in my bed.
I end many, many nights with the overwhelming feeling that my house is a disarray and if you know me you understand very well how that leaves me feeling...
Honestly though, I know a day will come when my kids will be grown and gone and the chaos that rules the roost now will all just be remember when stories.
I'm thankful that I have three, beautiful, healthy and energetic children to make my life feel like it's going 100 miles an hour is a direction that is unknown. I'm thankful for the toys (even the 85 hot wheels that I found in the shower this morning) and that I'm able to provide the life that they have and deserve.
I've read too many stories of families that have been faced with challenges of special needs children and even some families that never have had the chance to live through a hectic pull your hair out moment and I realize that even those moments are a gift from God.
So if you'll excuse me I think Gabriella is digging through the trash again, more than likely looking for a snack and Alyssa is having a horrible "I have nothing to wear moment". Brandon and his friend are playing some sort of war/police/martial arts game...better make sure no arms get broken. For all this I am thankful!

0 comments: