Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful- Day 18

I'm thankful for my church.
I've been a member of Community Lutheran since 1990.
I've seen it grow and change and I'm glad to be a part of it.
Growing up I took my confirmation classes there. I was a part of the youth choir, hand bells and dance team.
Jeff and I were married there by a man who was my youth pastor, he also baptised Alyssa.
Of course all my kids have been baptised there. They have attended Sunday school classes from the time they were about 2, Alyssa now takes confirmation classes and Brandon is involved in there youth bible study program.
I've had the incredible opportunity to teach Sunday school, first to preschool age kids and now to 3rd and 4th grade kids. I love the fact that years after being in my class these kids still remember me and always have a hug to give.
Community is my home, I love the church and I love the people who fill it.

0 comments: