Monday, March 9, 2009

What have we been up to...

I wish I could bring you an exciting story from our weekend...
But...nothing really exciting to report about. Instead...I'll bring you a few of our highlights.

*it was our first Saturday in a long time that we did not have to wake up early for wrestling. Instead, we woke up early to go buy the tickets for Alyssa's big dance show in June. It's usually a long and somewhat drawn out process but not this time. I was thrilled to see I was the only one in line and I was able to get great seats. Thanks to all the other families who choose not to read the newsletter. :)

*The weather was beautiful and the kids had a chance to ride their bikes and play outside. Something that we usually don't have a lot of time for and when we do it's either too cold or way too hot.

*I made a huge dent in my laundry situation. I say situation cause that is literally what it is. I'm not proud to admit it but I had dirty laundry stashed everywhere. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel but somehow I have a feeling with us being gone this weekend I'll be in the same boat. Oh well..

*We went as a family to dinner and shopping yesterday too. I love Jeff's new schedule. Though it leaves him with even less sleep during the week it's great to have a day off together.

* Shopping with both Jeff and Alyssa is not fun. Alyssa is usually my shopping partner but lately her style choices are changing and let's just say I'm not "digging" it. (Do people still use that word?!)
Jeff...well...shopping with Jeff is painstakingly frustrating. We find ourselves wandering aimlessly from rack to rack of T-shirts...searching for his style..Which who knows what that really consists of anyways...in the end I choose three shirts for him...and two of those are going back tonight.

So...there it is. Our weekend in a nutshell...;)

1 comments:

Jeff said...

This is why I rarely shop for new clothes with you, but I did enjoy lunch with everyone at one of my favorite spots.