Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Poor Gabriella....

I have heard the warnings about treadmills and I have always worried about using them with the kids around...today was a huge smack in the face and reminded me that they are not something to mess with.
Gabriella got her hand stuck in our treadmill earlier today. THANKFULLY, Jeff was standing right there and was able to stop the treadmill immediately. Both him and Alyssa were watching her, but she moves quick and accidents happen.
She's ok...
Thankfully the only damage that was done was a burn like abrasion to the palm of her hand and three of her tiny fingers. I say thankfully cause I am well aware it could have been so much worse. She's acting her normal self, playing and eating so that's a good sign. She will have a follow up with her pediatrician on Thursday morning as well as a visit to a pediatric surgeon just to be sure nothing was torn.
I hate that this happened to our Ella, I look forward to her feeling much better...soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Gabriella. I hope she's better soon, she's just too sweet to have this happen. Elmo will make it better! And at least it's not the thumb sucking hand!

Jamie Garlick said...

Oh, Poor Gabriella! I am glad the healing seems to be going well!