Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fashion Wars...




After wandering the mall for what seemed like hours Sunday, Alyssa, Gabriella and I returned last night to return Jeff's shirts and buy Alyssa new shoes.
The battle for shoes has been an ongoing one. Alyssa wants DC Shoes. I can't stand them. They are clunky and ugly and in my opinion not meant for a girl. Alyssa likes skinny jeans and ultra girly tops and I'm sorry, DC shoes do not go with "her style". So...we wandered...after visiting every last shoe store we returned to the first one we went to on Sunday and ended up buying a pair I had showed her the day before. They aren't DC shoes but close enough. She got a really cute pair of Roxy shoes. Still a little bulky for my taste but I compromised (and the mall was closing)
I can already feel it coming...it's a place I know I have been. It's where you as the child are so cool and your stuck with a mom who has no clue. Poor, poor Alyssa...trust me...you'll make it through and I promise I'll do my best not to embarrass you. (I'll leave that up to daddy)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 words for you Laurie - "Doc Martens". Ugliest, clunkiest shoes/boots I ever saw - and you all loved them!! :) Now you are on 'my' side of this battle! Enjoy!!!

Love,
Mom