Monday, March 23, 2009

Sometimes I just feel lucky....

I had a terrible day with Brandon yesterday...it involved whining and crying and me dragging him out of church in the middle of the service. (not my proudest moment)
He knew he was in BIG trouble...
Jeff and I were supposed to go to dinner but cancelled those plans, no way was I going to reward Brandon with a fun night at grandma's.

Gabriella was getting into everything yesterday...I mean EVERYTHING. She wanted up and down about 20 thousand times and cut her usually long after noon nap in half.
By the time bath time came I was relieved to confine her into the tub and knew it wouldn't be long until she was fast asleep for the night.

Alyssa...well, besides her trying to mother her two younger siblings ALL THE TIME...Alyssa is a good kid and hardly gets under my skin. (knock on wood)

So, why do I feel lucky??

First of all, it goes with out saying that I am beyond lucky to have my kids to make me feel crazy sometimes. What would I do with a Sunday afternoon if I had no baby to pry a Lego out of her little hand 100 times or a 6 year old to build a martian with and fly to far away places...
Or a 10 year old who makes me laugh and reminds me how simple life can be. She does like to mother but I realize in her own ways she is only trying to help.

Second, besides a few times that I would like to scratch his eye balls out I have a great husband. We traded in our night out for a night in and he went and picked up Applebees. It can't get any better than eating good food cuddled up with the hubby watching Desperate Housewives...all with the romantic glow of my newest Glad candle. :)

The best part of last night, Jeff and I each received a card from Brandon. Jeff's said "thank you dad for making me strong" and mine said "I love you mom 100%"
It's times like that that make the ugly and unpleasant parts of parenting all worth it.
I wouldn't trade a minute of my life for anyone else's. in our tough times or in our good times. No amount of money or extra sleep would ever be worth it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!