Friday, May 9, 2008

Taking a Break




I have been cleaning since I walked in the door today. This is the norm for me...every Friday I go to work all day and come home and clean all night. Jeff is a wonderful daddy...but lacks in the house cleaning department. I try not to complain too much after all he is home with the kids all day after working all night....soooo we're fair, however I'm still allowed to complain.
I read something today that said stay at home moms are worth $117,000 a year...heck yeah and they deserve every penny of that...BUT...yup, always got a but...what about working moms?! I surely don't make that in my salary AND I do all the things a stay at home mom does too. In fact...I tend to think I may even over do it. I suffer from what working moms call the "super mom syndrome" where to try to make up for the guilt we feel from working... we simply can't say no.
I'm ok with being who I am. I'm ok with staying up until 2am cleaning on a Friday night so I can cram grocery shopping, laundry, play dates, Sunday school, church, yard work, birthday parties and any other must dos into the two days I have "off" a week. Never mind I have to miss bible studies or any other moms time activities cause I'm at work...can't tell you the last time I met a friend for lunch of even coffee.
The truth is being a mom, whether it's a working one or a stay at home one is a tough job and we are paid with smiles and happy children...oh, and happy husbands too. On that note...better get back to cleaning...still have the entire downstairs left!

1 comments:

Pam Terry said...

You haven't caught on to this yet? We work so we can afford to pay ouselves that stay at home salary!!