Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Alyssa Nicole





I thought since this blog is supposed to be about my kids I would take a second and tell you (in my eyes) about each one of them.

I think it's safe to say Alyssa is the biggest and best surprise Jeff and I have ever had! She does things in her own time and in her own way...hence her early birth!
She was the smallest of our babies weighing in at a whopping 5lbs 6oz and ironically is our biggest (well, so far) child.

Alyssa loves to dance and always has. She started taking ballet when she was 4 and has since added 3 more classes. She now takes Irish, Tap and Ballet and in the fall will also start Hip Hop. She dances at a wonderful studio in Boulder City (yes, it is a 30 minute drive and yes, gas is expensive) I love that studio and all the instructors. I never want her to dance anywhere else.

Alyssa is a smarty pants too. She brings home straight A's all the time. Teachers use her work as an example and often call upon her to be a peer mentor.

She is a self proclaimed daddy's girl and will do what ever daddy wants to do. She likes me ok too : ) but let's face it...daddy is and always has been more fun than me!

Hmmm....what else...
she can be a little sassy and when it comes to housework she tends to be lazy. She follows in her dads footsteps when it comes to throwing her clothes in a heap NEXT to the hamper.

She loves animals (better, considering we have a small zoo) she says she wants to be a Vet when she is older.

She is obsessed with Hannah Montana (drives me nuts!) Thankfully she has Aunt Julie to share this obsession with.

Alyssa has a deep faith and can often recite scriptures from the bible. She has recently become a Jr.leader at church and helps out in the nursery. That's crazy to see your kid working in the same nursery where you did looong before she was even born.

She is a great big sister, though her and Brandon have their share of arguments they really do love each other. It's not rare to see them snuggled in the same bed or sitting right next to each other on the couch watching a movie.

I could literally go on and on...both Jeff and I feel so lucky to have been blessed with Alyssa. Her smile could brighten any room and her laugh...well...it could wake you from a coma! We love her!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I remember the day that you told me you were pregnant with Alyssa. I cant believe that she is 10! You and Jeff did such a great job raising her! Love you guys!

Pam Terry said...

I could go on and on about Alyssa, but space is limited! From the minute Daddy carried her down the hall, she's captured out hearts! What's really neat about her is that she is such a sweet young lady, so thoughtful of others. Yes, she's sassy at times, and all that stuff that goes with a growing girl, but she has such a firm base and great faith, she'll do fine. And she's such fun to do things with, such a good sport and, as I said, a very nice young lady to take out. She has great poise and a quiet confidence. Great dancer, and a singer, too! Makes us all proud! As I said, I could go on and on....but you get the point!