Thursday, April 2, 2009

Keeping it real...

Sometimes when I read back to old posts I wonder "how many people are calling my BS"
I mean...really...is it possible to be this happy all the time?

Then I stop and think. I really do want to keep my blog real...
and I realize that I absolutely do.

It is possible to be this happy...
It is possible to have beautiful and talented and high achieving children...
I should not have to apologize for "bragging"
this is a blog for my family...I want to look back one day and recall these days and use this as a tool to make that possible.

Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky. Why when God was dealing the cards of life I got the full house (or whatever...clearly I do not play poker)
I love my husband quirks and all. I love that when Jeff rushes past me with Brandon for wrestling and I'm running out the door with the girls for dance we still have that second (and sometimes that is literally all we have) to catch up from the day.
I love that we still make countless phone calls to each other to sometimes say nothing at all.
I love that my kids are out going and I love that they taken their talents and excelled. I love that they love each other the way that they do.
I love that Brandon finds comfort in my bed and Alyssa looks to me for advice. I just love all of Gabriella! I love that God placed each of my kids in my life when he knew it was best.

Though I do realize nothing in life is perfect and I would never say our family is perfect. I will say right now, at this very minute I feel incredibly blessed. I want it here in writing so the next time Brandon pushes the limits and he will. Or the next time Alyssa rolls her eyes and mumbles under her breath. Or the next time Gabriella throws herself to the floor in frustration or Jeff fails to find the dirty clothes hamper I can look back on this post and remember...in the big scheme of things life is pretty freaking good!

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

Hi mommy. Just wanted to tell you how much I love you and how much I appreciate everything you do. Love Peanut.