Sunday, April 19, 2009

End of season...

Brandon and his team mates...

Most valuable wrestler award for the bantams!!

Yesterday was the Team GV picnic to celebrate the end of a great season.
It was our first year with Team GV and I have to admit I entered the season a bit hesitant. The practices were much tougher than what we were used to with Liberty. I wondered how Brandon would respond. The answer...as you can tell from past posts is obvious. I'm not only proud of how Brandon did this year but I'm so proud of the team. We took more first place finishes than any other team. We showed up at out of state tournaments were nobody had ever heard of Team GV and left with everyone knowing who we were.
Brandon learned so much about team effort and sportsmanship this past season too.
Winning or losing he always had the attitude of a champion.
We're on to summer practices now...summer wrestlers make winter champions...at least that's what Brandon told me. :)

Can't wait for next season...

0 comments: