Friday, April 17, 2009

Mark my words...

Today signals a new day...
I'm putting my foot down and learning to say no.
My kids get what they want. ALL THE TIME! But after seeing the "what ever" reaction I got from Alyssa over her brand new digital camera being broken I realized that something has to give.

This may be harder for me...
I like giving my kids what their hearts desire. It makes me happy and eases my working mommy guilt. I also know that I'm setting them up for a hard lesson learned.
I too, was given everything as a child. When I was 18 and got pregnant with Alyssa I remember my mom bringing me a stack of envelopes. What was all this I wondered. BILLS! Talk about shock of my life. I of course have learned to juggle my wants and needs but just ask Jeff...it was not an easy transition and still now sometimes I throw a mini fit when I want something...NOW!

So, this is for all of you...and you know who you are. NO MORE BUYING JUST TO BUY!
(Even if he gives you the puppy dog face)

1 comments:

Pam said...

Ahhhh, do you mean MOI????