Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Who I am....

Who am I?
The person behind the scenes is coming out...so to speak.
Maybe you will notice I'm never in any pictures or I rarely speak of myself...but today...that will change.
I'm not ashamed of who I am. I'm a hardworking, Jesus loving, wife and mother. I'm surely not perfect and have never claimed to be. I have devoted my life for the last 11 years to being the best wife and mother that I know how. (I learned by the best)
Yup, I yell at my kids. Yup, on many nights I feel like bedtime can't come soon enough. And the kicker, that seems to be so important to others, and you know who you are...I'm overweight. GASP!
I'm working on it...
BUT...I've been thinking over the last few days that this is something that should not and will no longer define who I am as a person. If you’re ever lucky enough to really get to know me you would know that I put everyone before myself. I truly care about people and not just for what they look like or have to offer. I have never measured success in the amount of money one makes or the possessions they have. In the end, none of that matters.
I've been blessed with a husband that is not perfect (another shock) and I thank God everyday for that. He teaches me and I teach him and our opposites keep things interesting. Our love for each other is not something we have to say because it's felt. Our kids, each one a true blessing. I'm so proud of them, they are my biggest success.
I feel sad for people who measure success by worldly possessions, or feel good about themselves for putting someone down. What a sad and lonely world. I pray that God heals them.

And to wrap this all up...I just want to say THANK YOU to my amazing family and friends and most of all to my husband. You are a strong man and I admire you...I hope our son grows to be just like you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN Sister

Jess said...

Go on girl! I love you to death!

Jill said...

You are who you are....not only a wonderful person but A WONDERFUL MOM, SISTER & AUNT!!! Now post a picture of you and the kids :)