Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Uggggg.....

I was walking out of Starbucks this morning when I felt something in my shoe...
of course I felt it earlier but in my mad dash to get the kids out of the house and to school on time I just decided to let it go. If it were a spider and it bit me...it would have given me the day off work. (I was ok with that)
Anyways, in the parking lot of Starbucks I removed my boot to find 4 tiny pixos rolling around...that's when I realized...
I need help....
I hate being unorganized, it just bugs me. Yet, my house is one mass of unorganization. I always have great plans to de clutter on the weekends and then life happens and well...I never have the chance.
I found a great website called Flylady.com, she has some great tips and ideas but I honestly don't have the time or the energy to scrub my sink every night before bed.
I have tried to assign chores to the kids but their schedules are hectic and they are still kids. I don't want the little bit of free time they do get spent doing my dirty work.
I have purchased storage bins and even a shoe storage rack to place by the front door, I have instructed the kids to use it...yet, it seems every morning someone can't find one of their shoes and this morning was no exception (thank heaven Brandon's church shoes are not "dressy")
I've given myself the "I have kids and my house will never be perfect" speech a thousand times...wait more like a million but still...I HAVE to do something.
I thought about rolling a giant dumpster in front of my house and just chucking it all but realized this is of course not an option. SO, what is?!

1 comments:

Jill said...

I hear ya! I was looking at the two near empty (summer shoes were in there....does that count??) shoe hangers that I purchased a few months ago. That worked out well for ummmmm a week or so. Bottom line is we both work full time & have kids with a full schedule (yours more so than mine). Stop worrying about the house...it will still be there in 18 years when your kids are grown and on their own. Enjoy them for now! Easier said than done huh?