Sunday, January 20, 2008

The things I learned

The things I learned today while cleaning Alyssa and Brandon's room....my this list could quite possibly be endless!
I was blessed today with a quite house. Brandon was at a friends house for the day and Alyssa had gone with Julie to see Hannah Montana. It was just me and Gabriella. Naturally the first thing I decided to do was get in and clean their room while they were gone. So...that's lesson number one...it's sooo much easier and less stressful to clean when they are not home.
2nd- it's not the dryer that eats the socks after all...it's the dark hole under the bed. I literally pulled out 30 pairs of socks...not to mention PJ's, empty juice boxes, game pieces...really this list could go on and on too.
3rd-If you let it soak long enough...large amounts of glitter glue can be removed from inside a bathroom sink with minimal scrubbing.
4th- It's really not the baby that is using all those diapers..it's the dinosaur and puppy from Build-a-Bear.
5th- stickers are nearly impossible to remove from wood furniture.
and last but not least...the back of the closet is the perfect place to shove the clothes that you just don't feel like hanging up.

I did get the room clean..it looked great...and then Brandon came home....

0 comments: