Saturday, January 19, 2008

Putting it into perspective

It was our turn at church to host the families from Thrivant Lutheran that are homeless. We always see alot of these kids in our Sunday school classes and tonight was no different. It hit me as I looked at my son (who was sporting Osh Kosh jeans and a Polo sweater) and Gabriella who was decked out in her name brands that some kids have NOTHING. I kinda felt bad...I work hard to provide for my kids and lets face it my kids pretty much get what they want...they have never not had a warm bed to sleep in or had to worry about what they were going to eat. I realized that I need to do some changing. We donate old clothes and toys now, but as they get bigger I know I need to do more. I'm thankful everyday for what I have and pray that those families will one day get to feel the same way.

0 comments: