Sunday, May 3, 2009

Random Update

I present to you random happenings in our life...

* Our home computer died...so we have no internet at home. It's on our list of things to replace. One thing at a time.

* Alyssa did not make the cheer squad. I have to admiton one hand I was hoping that she would make the team and on the other I worried how she would juggle the demands of school, dance, cheer and church. Yes, she was sad but everything happens for a reason and she is quick to remember that. Her attitude is "just not part of God's plan"
Man, I wish I could live with that attitude too. :)
She's decided to add a dance class to her schedule in the fall instead...so in the end everyone comes out happy.

* Jeff goes in for surgery tomorrow. Praying everything goes well and this can be behind us soon enough.

I guess that's about it. Off I go now to pick up Alyssa from a birthday party. Jeff and Brandon are at wrestling so I think I'll take advantage of some down time to work on some laundry and do some cleaning.

1 comments:

Pam said...

I'll admit, I do feel sad for Alyssa, but she did her best and that's all that matters. And secretly (not so much now though!) I will admit I was hoping she wouldn't. I was worried about her getting injured and that would affect her dancing. Alyssa is a dancer, and a good one, who just may have some future with that. I would not want anything to interfere with that, especially because there's no real future in cheering. We're very proud of you, Liss, to just go out and try! Add that dance class - I love watching you dance!!