Monday, February 2, 2009

Half Full...

I've been the worse with seeing things in a negative light lately.
I have too much laundry...
The money we had to fork out to get my car fixed...
my house is too small...
I have no time for myself...
Really, the list is long.

So, on Sunday when I was buried in piles of laundry waiting to be put away I looked around the room. I had piles of clothes everywhere and I realized that this is not necessarily a bad problem to have. I mean, after all...we have clothes and a lot of them. So many people would be thankful to have my laundry "problem"....

My stupid van needed a new power steering thingy and yet another set of front brakes. $1,800! Sure, I was mad at first, but than I remember it's really not the end of the world. We do have the money to fix it and all our other bills are paid...so I pause in my frustration and give thanks for what I do have.

My house is small...no secret. BUT, I have a home where my kids can grow and we can create memories. It's safe, in a wonderful neighborhood with fantastic schools and for that I am grateful.

I don't have any time to myself. Nope...that is a fact. But I'm more than thankful for my four blessings (Jeff included) that keep my time limited. Without them life would be boring and pointless...for them I am eternally grateful.

It's not always easy and I don't always do it...but, if you take the time you will see that in every rotten situation there is always something positive to learn from it.

2 comments:

Jamie Garlick said...

so true! That's a great perspective to have!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!