Monday, February 16, 2009

Blog surfing...

Is one of my favorite things to do. I can spend a good amount of time reading about the lives of perfect strangers. Call it strange...but I know I am not the only one who does this.
Sometimes though blog surfing makes me...hmmm, looking for the correct word. It can sometimes make me envious. I hate to admit this and I know the grass is not always greener on the other side...but still.
I see moms who stay home and have time to slow down and really enjoy their kids. I see husbands and wives who have time to go to dinner as a couple...
Sometimes I feel like I am always in the "get it done" mode that I forget to slow down and focus. I know I am that way. Jeff reminds me that the kids keep us busy but I can't help but think that they are going to grow and be in college before I know it and I never took the time to make a special Valentines dinner for them or I never took the time to sit and make a gingerbread house with them.
I've always been a working mom. When it was just Alyssa I had free time to play outside with her, I did arts and crafts and read a book to her every night. With Brandon it was the same way...though now I find myself folding laundry, cooking dinner, feeding Ella, fielding phone calls, listening to my kids read me a story all at once. I wonder when life got so crazy?!
I battle this working mom demon every so often. I'm not sure what the answer is. I do know I have to find a happy medium. I pray that I do.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the beauty of grandchildren! I remember those days well, always busy, something to cook, clean or somewhere to take someone. No time to really focus on the kids, and conversations were really one way and the common response is 'uh huh' . With the grandkids, now I have time to really listen and talk to them, take the time to play a game, etc. What a joy! I knew there had to be some reward for growing old!!