Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Resolutions...

"Change is a coming"....to quote our president elect Barack Obama
So, this year I am making some changes to myself. Not necessarily "resolutions" more like commitments.
2008 was a good year but I won't lie...it's been some what of a tough year for us. In 2009 I would like to focus more on the positives and work my way out of this pit that I feel trapped in. This WILL be a good year for us.

For starters I am going to spend more time on me. I've somehow lost myself in the wonderful world of crazy mom...this year I will find myself. In my quest to be myself again I will focus on shedding some pounds...ok...a lot of them.

I will be more patient with my kids. I pray about this every night...
I try everyday but face it...it's hard sometimes. This year I will be better with it.

I'll cut back on nagging Jeff. Notice I said cut back...let's be realistic people! I do appreciate the fact that he lives his life on sometimes just two hours of sleep a day. So, I guess as long as the kids are still alive when I get home I'll be ok if the dishes from breakfast are still piled in the sink. (man, that hurt to type that)

I'll commitment myself to reading the bible everyday...even if it's just 10 minutes. I will find the time and I will do it.

I will learn to say "no"
Between PTA, church, Sunday school, wrestling, work and just trying to raise my kids I feel overwhelmed. Though I am not ready or even willing to drop any of these things I will learn to say "no" when I know I don't have the time or energy to handle the task.

I could go on and on. The bottom line is I want to be the best mom I can be but I have finally after almost 11 years of being a mommy realized that in order to be the best mom I can be I must first make myself happy. This is the year for that. Hang on cause I have a feeling 2009 is going to be one heck of a year.

0 comments: