Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve






Every Christmas Eve Jeff the kids and I all head over to his cousins for a big traditional Italian family celebration. Unlike me, Jeff has a large family filled with many Aunts, Uncles and cousins. It was fun to visit with everyone and see how big all the kids have gotten. We always have a lot of fun and Rudy makes the best food. (I'll butcher the names if I tried to list them)
Gabriella made friends with Danny (one of the many cousins) he took her around so patiently and showed her all the Christmas lights and decorations. It's rare for her to warm up to strangers but she really did like him.
This year one of Jeff's cousins husbands mother came. (that's a mouth full) She is an older woman, if I had to guess I would say in her 80's...
She adored Gabriella and was such a neat woman. She is Jewish and shared stories about how she escaped as a child to Poland to avoid the concentration camps. It was so interesting and such an eye opener. I could have sat and listened to her tell stories all night.

0 comments: