Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Keeping it real....

Yesterday was a looong day...
Work was good...home...well...that's always busy. My poor husband slips into a coma like state shortly after I arrive home. The only problem is he usually does so on the couch...in this time he is fair game for Brandon and the other noises a house with 3 kids and two dogs generate. By the time I "pry" him off the couch and off to bed he gets a "second wind" and spends the next 2 hours either eating from the pot of whatever I have have cooking on the stove or watching mindless YOU TUBE videos...
Alyssa greeted me at the door....phone shoved in my face..."Talk to Helen we're planning a sleepover". Really...I JUST walked in...
Brandon announced he had a bad day and had a hard time controlling himself...hey, at least the kid can admit it!
The grocery list remained where I had put in...on the edge of the counter
The toys I had put away the night before were once again spread out on the floor
Dirty dishes from lunch were piled in the sink
and of course my laundry was still neatly piled up...waiting for me to do it

In the end...kids were fed and bathed and tucked in tight (Brandon only came down stairs 10 times) lunches were made, back packs were packed and I finally got a chance to curl up with my book. I think I made it through a paragraph before I fell asleep!

0 comments: