Saturday, April 19, 2008

10 years ago...

10 years ago I went to bed not knowing how special April 19th, 1998 was going to be.
I was entering week 36 of our first pregnancy...a surprise to both Jeff and I.
I had no idea how being a mom would affect me...

I woke up the next morning and like every other Sunday started getting ready to leave for work. I had a strange feeling that something was not right...called Jill...who said I was nuts...and than called Jeff.

Alyssa was born some 12 hours later at 9:30pm. I will never forget how she looked all wrapped in blankets as they brought her to me for the first time.
I swear I have days still where I watch her and imagine that moment...
The last 10 years have come and gone literally in the blink of an eye. I watch her grow and mature and feel so proud to be her mom. Her smile and laugh are contagious, her personality is caring and sweet. She loves dance and Hannah Montana. She is a great big sister and perfect daughter. She has a love for God that some adults will never even know. She is my sassy pants and reminds me of myself at times.

Happy birthday to my little girl...my first blessing...my Starbucks buddy...I love you more than you will ever know!!

0 comments: