Sunday, March 23, 2008

Reflecting...



I did it! I gave up Starbucks for 40 days!
Ok...all joking aside...

This was the first year I gave up something for Lent and remained committed to it. I know Starbucks seems like a small thing to some of you (probably most of you) but to me...it was hard...
However, I am most proud and surprised at Alyssa's dedication. When she asked me what I thought she should give up...I jokingly told her her beloved Nintendo DS. She responded like most typical kids would and said "I love that thing" and I asked, what do you love more...Jesus or your DS? It was never a guess...she brought it to me that night and it has remained on the counter...untouched for 40 days! I am sooo very proud of her. I see God working in her...she is a constant reminder how wonderful he is!

By the way...thanks mom...I love you too!!!

0 comments: