Saturday, March 15, 2008

Holyland Adventure

Holyland Adventure started Thursday night. We had a good start with about 100 kids who signed up. I had intended to take a bunch of pictures...however my battery on the camera went dead, so this is all I could do. I'll take more this evening and tomorrow as well.
Just in case you missed my earlier explanation, Holyland Adventure is a program designed to take kids back in the times of Jesus. We all dress up in robes and head pieces to look the part. The kids get to go to different "market places" and make things such as leather pouches, wooden toys, weave baskets, make reed flutes and crush spices. They also have a chance to play games and bake fresh bread. It really is a great time and such a good opportunity for the kids as we all know kids learn so much better when it's a hands on experience.
Here are a few pictures...I'll take more tonight and post a few more when I have a chance.




0 comments: