Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Confessions from a crappy Halloween mom...

I'm not a big fan of Halloween, even as a kid I never really cared much for it.
For my kids sake I do try to make it fun. I buy the decorations for the house and even buy the cute Halloween sandwich bags and Halloween Oreo's.
When Alyssa was the only child we bought all of her costumes at the Disney store. We would buy every accessory to go with it from the princess wand and sparkly shoes right down to matching hair bows and ear rings. Needless to say...two more kids later and a hectic schedule and having dealt with the flu that wiped us all out for a week I found myself wandering Walmart this morning before work desperate to find a costume for Gabriella.
A few weeks back I saw the cutest ladybug at Carters. Of course, they didn't have her size at the time so I figured one day when I had time (yeah right!) I would just pop back in and pick it up. Of course when I did have time they were all sold out. Bummer!
I am now the proud owner of a Yo Gaba Gaba Brobee costume...
I am sure she will just LOVE it, but it's not what I have pictured for her and it makes me sad.
A few years back. Again, I had waited til the last minute, Alyssa wanted to be a bride. I had pictured a beautiful white costume and instead it was some cheesy white bed sheet looking thing. I swear I feel guilty still now looking back at those pictures. I'm a sucky Halloween Mom..please don't judge me. :)

0 comments: