Thursday, October 29, 2009

All about Alyssa

It's been awhile since I have written JUST about my peanut so I thought this post was due.
It is a challenge to juggle three kids and make sure they are each given the spotlight at least once in awhile. Sometimes, because Alyssa is the oldest it can be hard. No worries though...the kid gets plenty of love and attention from us. (so please don't report me...or judge me)

I have said this so many times, I know. Alyssa is a great kid. She is such a genuine person and we are told over and over from teachers at school and church what a joy she is to be around. I know this. Alyssa and I are buddies. Don't get me wrong she is still very much a daddy's girl but the two of us... well, we’ve got a great bond. She's my Starbucks pal and grocery shopping partner. She'll jump in and help when asked and usually does so with no hassles. (key word is usually)
She is a straight A student and juggles her grades as well as 6 dance classes a week and confirmation. She also is a part of student council and S.A.V.E (students against violence everywhere) at school. Even with all this she still has time for her friends and she has a lot of them.
Besides dance she enjoys texting, playing with her brother and sister, reading, walking the dogs and of course shopping!

I'm not sure how we got so lucky but I know we did. Alyssa is and always has been the best surprise in our lives.





2 comments:

Jill said...

I haven't received a text from Alyssa for a couple weeks now. Did she forget about her Aunt Jill?

Jess said...

Love her!