Friday, September 11, 2009

Tap Out




Yesterday I finally had the chance to see Brandon in action at one of his Tap Out classes. This has always been something that daddy has taken him to while I was in charge of the dance runs. I have to say...I was impressed.
The facility itself is really cool. It has several octagons for different classes and they are all full of guys (and girls) training to become future fighters.
I also got to meet his Jiu Jitsu Professor, Rod. He's a nice man with an extensive back ground in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He told me that my son is a good boy and will make a strong fighter.
Now, let me clear the air and answer some questions. I realize many people think this is barbaric in nature.
I never imagined this would be something I would have my son involved with. NEVER.
When he started after the wrestling season it was mainly just to keep him conditioned for the summer. But, like wrestling, he has just taken to it like a fish to water. It does not promote violence. Regardless of what you may think, the MMA world is not a life of street fighting and reckless behaviors. They are disciplined people who are taught to defend themselves.
*Brandon will be taking a break from Tap Out for the wrestling season. (which starts next month!!!) He will focus on wrestling and no, he will not be confused on which moves are for MMA and which moves are for wrestling.
*No, I don't have visions of my son fighting in the UFC one day. However, this would be Brandon's choice.
*Brandon loves this sport. All of these classes are his choice. I can't tell you how many times I have asked him if he would like to skip a day. The answer is always "NO"
*We do not push him.

So. On that note. Who's ready for some wrestling? First tournament is coming up fast!

0 comments: