Thursday, August 27, 2009

Random thoughts/update

Well, the beginning of a new school year is underway and I am proud to say we have made the transition quite smoothly.
Alyssa loves Junior High! She loves the fact that they switch classes, she loves the fact that they have lockers, she loves all her teachers and she LOVES her new cell phone! My mom and sisters can vouch for that, she is a big fan of texting.
I've also over come another huge hurtle. Alyssa's school is about a block away from Brandon's. They both get out about the same time and obviously Jeff needs to pick up Brandon...so Alyssa is walking from her school to Brandon's. In a group...a pretty large one too. I know, some of you are rolling your eyes at this point. But for those of you who truly know me know how freaked I am about these things. I am aware that I can't keep my kids in a bubble but I'm a believer in not exposing them to unnecessary risks.

Nutcracker rehearsals are under way. I am SO excited for the show. I know it will be fantastic, but more so with my little lady dancing one of the leading rolls.

Brandon has made the transition into 2nd grade very well. I love his teacher and I think she will be a great fit for Brandon. I spoke to her last night and she told me how well mannered he has been. My spawn?! I am so happy to hear things like that, I know he is a good boy, but again, if you know Brandon...well. You know Brandon.
September will be his last month at Tap Out until March. We're getting ready for the new wrestling season! I am SUPER excited for that!

Jeff will start new hours at work on Monday. He will now be working 7pm-3:30am.
He has always worked graveyard hours but the earlier start time leaves me with the full responsibility of the kids activities. Thankfully, I sat down with my mom, both of us armed with our calendars and we have dived up who takes who where and what time. It's literally a full time job getting them where they need to be.
On the plus side of Jeff's new hours. He will get more sleep and he'll be home on the weekends. We won't see but a minute of each other Monday-Friday...but we'll have all weekend together.

I'm hanging on. Taking it one day at a time. I have days during the week when I leave for work at 7:30am and don't walk through the door again until 9pm. My kids are happy though, doing what they love and of course that makes all these long days well worth it.

Oh...and not to leave my Gabriella out.
She is such a good sport about everything. She is just so laid back, besides her every 2 second demands for me to belt out "Jesus Loves Me" and "You Are My Sunshine" she waits so patiently for her big sister while she is at dance.
She is finding her place in our crazy family and testing her limits more and more every day.

So, if you're still reading this...well. Thanks!

1 comments:

Jill said...

I will say that Alyssa does LOVE her phone. Not a day goes by she doesn't send me a text. She is such a sweetheart. Brandon, well mannered.....?? Shall we give it time? They always seem to be so much better for everyone but MOM!