Thursday, August 13, 2009

My mommy :)

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us when adversity takes the place of prosperity when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
--Washington Irving

I have a great mom.
She's actually more like a friend now. I have no issues arguing a point with her or sharing secrets and stories. I think my mom know everything about me.
It's funny, when something happens I always reach for the phone and Jeff will always say "oh yea, you got to call your mom".
YUP..
I share it all.
It's funny how much we depend on her and how much she does without ever batting a eye.
She runs Alyssa to dance, keeps my kids at the drop of a hat, will make emergency runs to Target, Toys-R-Us and Wal-Mart if I realize I'm missing something while stuffing Easter Baskets or Stockings at 2 am. She always comes through when I NEED a Starbucks fix and is always ready and willing to meet me for dinner with overly tired kids. She comes to all the wrestling tournaments and even happily made the 9 hour drive to Winnemucca with me to watch the State tournaments. We're looking forward to next year’s too.
Thanks mom...for everything you do. We appreciate you more than you know!

1 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks...it's always nice to be appreciated, but you know, I need you, too! You (and Jeff and the kids - emphasis on the kids!) make my life rich. So, I need you just as much as you may need me!