Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father Day




I've said this a bunch of times, my kids have a great daddy.
He sure can make me crazy at times but I know no matter what I can count on him.
Let me brag on him for a minute. Jeff works the night shift. 9:30pm to 6am. When he gets home in the morning 5 out of 7 of these days he's responsible for taking care of the kids. He does this by choice and simply for the fact that we never wanted to rely on a daycare to raise our kids. He coaches on Brandon's wrestling team 4 days a week and helps out at Alyssa dance studio. He does all dentist and orthodontist appointments as well as many sick/well doctor visits. He taxis to and from school and to various play dates. He never misses a foot ball game, wrestling tournament, dance recital, choir performance or award ceremony. He loves us all and we are so grateful for him.

On that note. This year I asked the kids random questions about daddy. I thought it would be fun to see what they thought of daddy.

1. Q: Describe Daddy

A: Brandon= I don't know what you mean...
Mommy= tell me about daddy
Brandon= He has brown skin and black hair. He also has hair on his face

Alyssa= Fun, loving, caring and helpful

2. Q: How old is daddy?

B=34
A=33

3. Q: What's your favorite thing about daddy?

B= He's fun! He lets me do dangerous sports like MMA (mixed martial arts)
A= He tickles me...
I have a lot of favorite things...He takes me out for fun days.

4. Q: What is daddy's favorite things to do?

B= Play with me, Alyssa and Gabriella
A=Play the Wii with us and watch wrestling videos

5. What does daddy do when he's not taking care of you?

B= Sleeping
A= Watching TV and sleeping

6. Q; What's daddy’s favorite animal?

B= Jane...
Me= Jane (aka Gabriella) is not an animal
B= he laughs...oh, hhhmmmm a snake
A= Snake and rats too

7. Q: I love daddy because...

B= He's FUN! and he's my favorite daddy
A= because he's the greatest daddy ever!

Every once in awhile when I was asking the kids these questions Gabriella would wander by. She would offer up the occasional "crazy daddy" and run off.
I think Gabriella pretty much sums it up in those two words. He is a crazy daddy, but man oh man is he a good one!

1 comments:

Pam said...

That he is!!!