Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving...

I am thankful for my family & friends

My mom is truly one of my best friends. I know I can count on her and depend on her for anything. I am thankful for the bond that we share that has grown from mother and daughter to more like friends. I love our long conversations on the phone...sometimes about nothing at all.

Julie...
I love the friendship that we have developed too. I depend on her for a lot and she fills the Aunt roll very well.
We don't always see eye to eye but that's what makes our bond unique (and exciting)

Jill...
My best friend! We laugh about everything even if it's not funny. I always know that even from across the country she is there for me with advice or just an ear to listen to my rants.

Grandma...
I am thankful for the relationship we have too. I look forward to our visits and conversations. She makes me think and I appreciate that.

Dad...
I'm thankful for his insight. We're both guilty of allowing time and distances come between us. I've got to work on that.

My beautiful niece and handsome nephew...
AKA Alexis and Ryan.
I don't see them nearly as much as I would like but I love the fact that when I do they know who I am and love me. (For the most part :) )
I love that I can talk to them on the phone and actually have a conversation that's not forced. Even if Lex likes to talk baby talk to me.

Minda & Larry..
I'm grateful to say I don't have any terrible in-law stories to share. I have great in-laws who have always made me feel welcomed and loved.

Jessica...
One of my best friends from high school. I love that she "gets" who I am. I love that our friendship is more than just an occasional phone call. I love that her and her husband Kevin are Ella's godparents and fit and fill that role more than I could have ever imagined.

Sheila,
I'm so thankful for her. She has helped me in my journey to become a better Christian. She supports and encourages things in me that I otherwise would have over looked.

I'm thankful for so many people...I would be here all day if I wrote about them all.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Aww! Im thankful for you and your amazing friendship. I can always count on to make me smile. Love you sooooo much!

Alyssa said...

Dear Mommy,
I am very thankful for you and love you very much. I hope you enjoy your Christmas. I can count on you for everything.
Love,
Peanut