Friday, November 14, 2008

RIP Cotton


Today Alyssa's guinea pig died.
Cotton was a good pig guinea (Yes, I did that on purpose). He was gentle and allowed the kids to play with him and handle him however they saw fitting.
We got Cotton and Bean (Brandon's guinea pig) about 2 years ago. We had a hamster before, but after Jeff cleaned the kids’ bathroom we found the thing dead in his ball. I'm thinking from the fumes of the cleaners...
I may also note that is the only documented time Jeff has cleaned.
Afterwards, riddled with guilt Jeff took Alyssa and Brandon to the pet store where he made up for it by allowing them to each get a guinea pig. To add to this excitement Jeff built a cage for them that would rival Trump towers. It takes up a lot of space.
The kids, for the most part, have been good guinea pig parents. This morning, when I woke the kids up I made the discovery. Imagine the drama...
We laid him to rest in a wipe box.
Good by Cotton...RIP.

0 comments: