Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Schedules....

I like schedules. Ask anybody who knows me...I like to plan things out and when my plans fall apart...well, I tend to be a little crabby. (Shut up, Jeff)
I do realize with kids plans and schedules don't always go together in the same sentence...but we still try.
The other night I was looking at the family calendar. We keep appointments, PTA events and meetings, church functions, play dates, wrestling practices, tournament dates, football practices and games, dance lessons and rehearsal schedules...well, let's just say we use the calendar for everything. It is nuts! My kids have officially taken over.
So...just in case you care. I present you a day in the life of me!

6am: Wake up....
I stumble in and wake up the kids. Alyssa usually wakes with no issue. Brandon, well...he takes some work getting up.

7:30 the time between 6 and 7:30 is all a blur. Somehow during this time the kids get up and get dressed. I always set out the next day’s clothes the night before. I find it really cuts down on last minute "my pants I NEED today are dirty" issues. They eat breakfast and brush teeth. I throw myself together and out the door we go.

7:35 drop the kids off

7:40 STARBUCKS. I have tried to cut this part out of my mornings...but darn it, it's hard!

8:00 I'm usually still at Starbucks chatting with the workers. I glance at the clock...shoot I'm supposed to be at work at 8.

8:30 I arrive at work. The boss is still not here...I'm safe!

Noon: I field a call from Jeff regarding Gabriella and lunch choices or something funny she has done.

2:30: another call from Jeff. This time to update me on the kids’ school day.

4:30 another call from Jeff...have I seen Brandon's wrestling shoe? Did I know I paired the wrong socks together, what time am I leaving?

5:00 Leave work...drive to Boulder City to pick up Alyssa

5:45 pick up Alyssa...darn traffic!

6:15 we're home.

6:16 I start cleaning. Breakfast dishes are still on the table and its' trash night. Jeff is at football or wrestling with Brandon so I know I have a minute to run the vacuum, pick up the toys, unload the dish washer and start dinner.

6:20 Jeff is home and that means so is Gabriella

6:25 fold some clothes. Wonder if the clothes I folded and put in the basket could wait just one more day to be put away.
Gabriella unloads the said clothes on the floor...better just put them away

6:30 dinner is cooking, dogs have been fed. I glance at homework and make a quick PTA phone call.

6:45 we eat...

7:00 I pile the dirty dishes in the sink, pop some popcorn for Alyssa and take Gabriella up for a bath. Wonder if she really needs one tonight...is the partials of food in her hair really noticeable?
YUP...off we go.

7:10 bath time. Why is toothpaste smeared all over the counter in the kids’ bathroom again and who keeps balling up toilet paper and sticking them down the drain?! And why?

7:30 Gabriella is in bed! Jeff leaves to pick up Brandon...

8:30 Brandon is home. I haven’t seen him since I rushed him off to school this morning. I love on him and listen to his stories.

9:00 ideally everyone is in bed now...

9:10 BRANDON GO TO BED!

9:15 Alyssa remembers she needs her pink dance shorts for tomorrow and they are buried at the bottom on the clothes hamper. Off to do laundry for me.

Between 9-10 I fold another load of laundry, load the dishes in the dishwasher from dinner, make lunches for the next day, check homework, and call my mom, swiffer the floor...

10-10:30 wake Jeff up for work.

10:30- Jeff leaves and I am a free woman..

Some days I do the dance run and Jeff does the wrestling run. On these days I will be gone from 7:30am-8pm! Nuts...

Ok...so not that you all really care about my days :)

0 comments: