Friday, October 31, 2008

Sad day...


Alyssa is getting older. (Duh)Of course getting older means maturing and learning new things. Last night she lost a tooth, she proudly brought it downstairs to Jeff and me and announced that we could just give her the $5 and skip the whole tooth fairy deal. I knew it was coming, especially after she found all her baby teeth that I had in a box at the top of my closet. (Yes people, I kept them)
I swore once she began to question these things I would sit her down and tell her the truth. She has questioned Santa a lot in the last few months. Each time we are at strange places and I didn't want the place where I crushed those wonderful thoughts of a jolly man in a big red suit bringing all the gifts that she desired to be at a Wal-Mart. So, this morning I tried, I really did. When we were talking about the tooth fairy I asked her if she had any other things she wanted to ask us about. I know Santa is real she said...I could tell by the smirk on her face she was trying to convince herself he was. It was my time to jump in...Break the news...let her down gently. "He sure is!" I exclaimed.
Of course Jeff was no help...
Wonder how much longer I can go.

0 comments: