Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...

In honor of my 30th birthday I thought I would be a little self centered and do a post with 30 facts all about me!

1. I love Starbucks. Carmel lite fraps are my favorite. The girls at "my" Starbucks know me by name.

2. I love to shop

3. I love horses. When I was little I had a miniature horse named Sparky. I loved him so much! We had to sell him when we moved here. :(

4. I love God! Should have been my #1

5. I don't have very many friends, but I like it that way. I would rather have a few great friends that I trust and that get me than a lot of friends that don't.

6. My favorite food is a good steak and baked potato and of course my mother-in-laws pancit! mmmmmmmmm

7. My husband has the ability to make me madder than a hornet one second and melt my heart the next.

8. I have three amazing kids...I would love to have more. I have always wanted to adopt. I'm not sure that will ever happen but I trust that God will guide me in the direction that he knows is right for us.

9. I love watching my daughter dance. I wish I could dance like her!

10. My favorite flower is a Sunflower

11. I have two older sisters. I'm incredibly close to both of them!

12. If I could be anything (besides a stay at home mom) it would be an OBGYN.

13. In high school my nick name was "Bonita"...we were so lame.

14. My son was born at the same time I was...7:47 am

15. I like arts and crafts though I never have any time to do them.

16. I have a weak spot for Brandon. I have denied this many times...but something about that little guy just makes me weak.

17. One of my favorite things at the moment is when Gabriella says "mama"

18. When my hubby looks in my eyes I still get butterflies

19. I love romance movies. Nothing is better than a movie that can make me cry!

20. I hate laundry but apparently it loves me as it is always waiting around for me.

21. I like Coach purses

22. My guilty pleasure is The Hills on MTV

23. I like watching UFC, my favorite fighter is Forrest Griffin :)

24. I have always wanted to serve a mission in Mexico with my church but I'm afraid to leave my kids.

25. I like Christian music. My favorite artists are Jeremy Camp, Casting Crowns and Kutless

26. I have to talk to my mom at least one time everyday.

27. I like taking pictures of my kids

28. I can't relax if my house is a mess...
I rarely get to relax :)

29. I'm on the board of the PTA. I have been since Alyssa was in first grade. By the time Gabriella will be done I will have served for 16 consecutive years!

30. I'm a night owl

That's it. I realize I'm a pretty boring person...
if you are still reading this...than thanks! :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Laurie! Your cards will be in the mail tomorrow. :) Lexie addressed your card so we will see if it makes it to you :) Hope you have a great day!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday. You are a fantastic person and an awesome mom!!!

Hope your next 30 years are amazing!!