Thursday, October 9, 2008

Conversation with Alyssa

Last night when we were driving home from dance I had an interesting conversation with Alyssa.
It went a little something like this...

A: Mom, how do you know when God is trying to direct you?

(In my house we talk a lot about living life like God wants us to. How he guides us and directs us along this journey of life)

M: It will just feel right. We always have options in life, sometimes some seem better or more fun than others, but we have to take the time and pray about it. God answers even though it's not always what we want to hear. Why?

A: I'm not sure where I want to go to college.

M: you have some time before you have to worry about that

A: Did you pick daddy?

M: HUH, I thought we were talking about college...

A: She laughs

M: I did pick daddy, but only after God brought him to me.

A: me too?

M: Yup, God brought you both into my life.

Then as I continued to drive home I thought more about it.
After high school I was in my prime. I had so many options.
When I found out I was pregnant I followed my heart and did what I knew was right for me...regardless of what anyone else felt. Looking back now I realize that was God guiding me. At the time the path was less appealing but I chose to listen and am so glad that I did.
I hope Alyssa will always do the same.

1 comments:

Jill said...

Send some pictures of the kids!