Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lesson in taking time off...

It's been a long couple of weeks here at work.
Yesterday I decided it would be a perfect day to take a mental health day...so I did.
I dropped the kids off at school, put Gabriella down for her morning nap and snuggled in on the couch with Jeff. Just as I was dozing off into relaxation mode the phone rang...
It was the school, Brandon was sick!
Off I went to pick him up and the rest of my "mental health" day was spent taking care of him and Gabriella. (who also has a cold)
Sometime in the afternoon I realized my throat was really bothering me too. Soooo, here I am today, at work....SICK! Guess that's what I get for taking yesterday off.

Oh...and by the way. Alyssa did make choir.
And another disclaimer: in a post last week I had mentioned I was hoping she would not make the cut this year. Allow me to clarify...
No, I'm not trying to be crabby mommy. I do want Alyssa to do things that she likes and makes her happy. I am proud of her for having the confidence to try out. I made that statement simply because she already has so much going on. Dance 4 days a week. The Nutcracker is coming and will consume a lot of her time. On top of that she has her school work that obviously comes first...time just seems limited.
That being said...I'm proud of her.

0 comments: