Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Life

My newest obsession is blog surfing...call me creepy but it's interesting to read about other people and their families.
I have stumbled across several where families have lost a child. In one in particular the mother urges her readers to hold on to every moment we are given, cherish everything that comes our way. I do that, I thought...but then, as I thought more about it I realized I don't. I get caught up in "busy" things that must be done and allow these precious moments to just slip by without a thought.
The last few nights I have taken the kids out for bike rides. It does "cramp" my time when I would usually be doing something that "needed to get done"...but guess what....whatever it was that needed to be done was most certainly still waiting for me when I got home and in fact the world did not come to a screeching halt because of it.
I take the time to listen to Brandon as he makes an observation about everything from dust on the street to the beautiful sunset we saw last night. I watch Alyssa as she rides back and forth past me just as fast as can be, her hair blows in the wind and I take a mental picture. I want to soak it all in...every last thing.
Hopefully tonight daddy will join us for our walk...as Brandon said. "Alyssa and I can ride our bikes, daddy will push Gabriella in the stroller and you (meaning me) can run off some weight"....Yup...I love em!

0 comments: