Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I feel so stupid...

The last few weeks I have been so caught up in things that I don't have that I have totally lost sight of the things that I do have...sitting right in front of me.
I hate that I have allowed myself to fall into the "materialistic" trap that much of society has set.
A while back I came across a story of a woman who lost her baby. Since reading this I think of this family often. He mother has used her faith to reach out and use her daughters death as a tool to minister to others. Here I sit, with three healthy, beautiful and vibrant children and the only thing I can think about is when I'll be able to afford a bigger house or buy that shiny new car. The fact is, I have a beautiful house, small...but non the less it is my home. It's full of love and life and for that I am so very thankful.
I have to re situate myself...I have to keep my faith that I am where God has intended me to be. Through all of life's ups and downs I know God is with me, guiding me and helping me through.

0 comments: