Thursday, March 25, 2010

Alyssa...

I know I brag on my Alyssa a lot but I have to tell you, she is an amazing girl.
I was warned by other parents, once Alyssa hit Junior High it would all go downhill. I braced myself for this change..but it never came.
She continues to excel in everything she does. It doesn't matter if it is in academics or dancing, the girl has just taken off. I gets notes, emails and even phone calls from her teachers all wanting me to know how amazing they think Alyssa is.
Yesterday she completed the process for National Junior Honor Society. She was first nominated by a teacher to get the process rolling. After getting each teachers approval and interviewing with four staff members, we found out today that she made it. I am so proud of her!

Of course, no Alyssa update would be complete with out an update on dance...
She was pulled aside after ballet on Tuesday and told she will begin pointe after spring break. That's a BIG deal. Typically, her studio does not start the girls in pointe until 8th grade when they have better bone structure. Of course she was over the moon excited and to be honest, so am I. I have waiting a long time to see her dancing on her toes.

0 comments: