Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Looking back...

I'm stealing this idea from other blogs that I have read.
I think it's a cool way to highlight some of the big events from the last decade.

2000:
* January 21st Jeff, Alyssa and I moved into our brand new and what seemed like at the time, spacious home.
* Jeff was hired in the surveillance dept at Coast Resorts
* I took a job as a dispatcher at the Desert Passage.
* Our beautiful niece, Alexis was born!!
* Gabby our dog joined the family
2001:
*On November 17th, after 2 years of trying, we found out that Brandon was on his way. Look out world!

I'm sure we had many more wonderful things happen that year...but I'm getting old and my mind is drawing a blank...

2002:
Of course the HIGHLIGHT of this year was the birth of Brandon on July 16th.
* Alyssa had a VERY short stint in pre-school.
* Alyssa started taking ballet classes. We thought at the time that we would use the studio just to get things started....
* Alyssa started playing soccer

2003:
*Our nephew, Ryan was born on March 21st
*Alyssa started school!

2004:
sheese...I'm sure something GREAT happened this year...just not exactly sure what it could have been...

2005:
it's all starting to run together...

2006:
I took the job that I currently have in the accounting dept.
We took a wonderful Disneyland vacation.

2007:
*In January, Jeff was hired with the post office. FINALLY!
* Of course nothing compares to the arrival of our sweet Gabriella.
* Brandon started wrestling...1 single day a week at Liberty HS.
* Alyssa is, of course, still dancing. We all know that drill. What we thought would be a temporary dance home ended up being the best thing for Alyssa. Here we are 7 years later dancing in Boulder City...6 days a week!
* Brandon started school.

2008:
*Brandon starts wrestling for Green Valley! I am a proud Gator mommy.
* Jeff and I celebrated 10 years of marriage.

2009:
* Alyssa ends her FINAL year in elementary with a bang. Straight A's again! We're very proud of her!
* Alyssa takes on Jr. high with a vengeance. She becomes part of the student council and SAVE program. She has (so far) sailed through with outstanding grades...
* Brandon wins Big Horn Nationals 8 and under 40 pound division in Ft. Collins, CO.
Gabriella finally starts walking at 16 months
* the ENTIRE family gets the SWINE flu. wooohooo. Now, that is something to remember.

It was a great decade for our family. I can't wait to see what this one has in store for us.

0 comments: