Monday, January 18, 2010

12 years...

Yesterday Jeff and I celebrated 12 years of marriage...
I say this every year but the time has just flown by.
Looking for the right words to describe us is almost impossible. We've both grown and changed since our wedding day. Thankfully...
We've added kids and changed jobs. Struggled with crazy work schedules and rejoiced in the fact that we have been blessed enough to always have one of us home with the kids. We have not only survived the odds that label most young marriages but we have thrived. We're both dedicated to one another, still very much in love.
Now, before I paint an unrealistic picture...
We've shared our struggles as well. If I could get him to pick up after himself I'd be a very happy wife. :) His housekeeping skills leave a lot to be desired...
he has a love of wasting time surfing the net. Some days I'd like to slap him silly...
I of course am darn near perfect...

In honor of 12 years I'll give you 12 facts/useless info. about us as a couple. :)

1. I met Jeff in the parking lot of the Meadows Mall. I pursued him. :)

2. He said I love you first!

3. He asked me to marry him in a parking lot at the Meadows Mall. The same lot we met in. I was having a bratty moment (hard to imagine, huh?!) and he just popped the question. We went to the grocery store afterwards. :)

4. Jeff kept all the notes and cards I had ever given him. We still have them in a box.

5. Our 1st date was to the Cue Club. We went with a group of friends. Jeff bought me drinks and attempted to perfect my pool game. I remember feeling all "giddy" when he touched me. Afterwards we went to Blueberry Hill for breakfast.

6. On our 2nd date we went to the Treasure Island at midnight for breakfast. After his car club meeting :)
I remember he had to go to the bathroom SO bad so we went to the Sunset Station on it's opening weekend to use the bathroom. The place was sooo crowded!
I remember feeling so nervous I held a shoe horn in his car...
and the orange Gatorade...I'll never let you live that one down.
I should have known on that night that life with Jeffrey would be crazy!

7. We still can make each other laugh with the dumbest things

8. We talk on the phone 100 times a day.

9. He calls me bacon and baby cakes and I call him binnie. :)

10. We had our 1st kiss on August 4th 1997 after watching Jerry McGuire. When we see the movie on TV we ALWAYS watch it.

11. We loved each deeply on on wedding day.

12. We love each other, truly, in a way I never imagined you could love still today.

Happy 12 years, Jeffrey. I love you!

1 comments:

Pam said...

The CUE CLUB???!! That same hovel still standing over in Commercial Center?!