Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Reminder

As I was making the long jaunt to dance class tonight I got to thinking about Christmas...thinking about all the last minute things I have yet to do and creating a mental list of who still needs a gift and I realized that I was missing out on what Christmas is really supposed to be about. It's for sure not supposed to be about me dragging my hiney from store to store looking for a DVD set that someone assigned me to buy them or stressing about how many toys my kids will have to rip open on Christmas morning. Brandon reminded me today that baby Jesus was a wonderful gift (holy crap...he was listening at Sunday school) I felt like I was smacking in the face...he is absolutely right. So slow down people...give with a happy heart, smile at strangers, keep Christ in Christmas cause after all Jesus IS the reason for the season...not the sale at Kohls!

0 comments: