Friday, January 7, 2011

Wrestling....

This past weekend was the first weekend of the season that I got to see Brandon wrestle. They seriously have been traveling just about every weekend since the beginning of November. As a matter of fact, Jeff and Brandon are heading out in the morning with 15 other team mates to Salt Lake for a tournament. They will be gone till Sunday. That means shopping for Alyssa and I. :)
Locally, since the competition is not what it is when we travel, we wrestle Brandon up a weight class. Last weekend he wrestled at 55 pounds. He typically weighs about 45-46 pounds. He took 2nd, losing one match by just a point. The boys he went against were not only heavier but a lot taller then Brandon, but he proved once again that it's not the size that wins the match but the technique. I am certain he left those coaches speechless. I know he does me.


I love this picture! PIN!

He literally took this kid and flung him over his shoulder for the pin. So proud of him!

0 comments: