Saturday, October 9, 2010

Time passes...




When I was pregnant with Alyssa everyone warned me that time would pass before my eyes. The first year passed at a rate that was painfully slow as we adjusted and learned how to parent this tiny person.
When kindergarten started, we were once again reminded that time would slip by even faster now that school had started. At the time, I remember thinking...it's just kindergarten, a few hours a day...no big deal.
I literally remember like it was yesterday standing with her that very first day of school. Her pink princess back back was almost as big as she was.
I blinked my eyes...
I find myself, several years later. She's 12 now and in the 7th grade. She'd be unrecognizable to someone who hasn't seen her in the last 6 months.
Her interests have changed from American Girl Dolls to fashion, boys and texting.
She's growing up at a rate that takes my breath away. I was warned and I thought I was prepared, but this growing up stuff sucks.

1 comments:

Pam said...

But there is more and more to enjoy with them the older they get. That's the reward. Course, the headaches do get a bit bigger, too....still, it's all good!