Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Doing my homework...

Tonight at church Dr. Mark asked everyone to list the 12 things that they are most thankful for...so...that is what I am going to do.

1. My family (of course)Jeff is my soul mate and I totally believe God brought him into my life life when he did for a reason. Alyssa, Brandon and Gabriella, they have all defined who I am...I never could have or would have known how sweet life could be with out any of them.
My sisters...Julie...cause it's never a dull moment with her and even when you want to reach out and strangle her you realize she is one of the only people in life you could ever really count on.
Jill...cause no matter how far apart we are we will always share a bond that nobody could ever explain...and a lot of stupid memories to go along with that!
Mom...cause face it...I am the mom I am today cause she was the mom she was. One of my true best friends (and is willing to keep Brandon at the drop of a hat)
Dad...cause even if we don't always see eye to eye...you are my dad and damn it...we had some great times!

2. I'm thankful for my home. Regardless how small it is...it's still our home.

3. I'm thankful for my job. Of course I would MUCH rather be a stay at home mommy...but if I must work...Miracle Mile would be my first choice.

4. I'm thankful that Jeff and I are able to provide for our kids the way we do. I'm glad Alyssa is able to dance and I'm glad Brandon can wrestle.

5. I'm thankful for our pantry and fridge that is overflowing with food. May sound silly...but way to many people will never know what that feels like.

6. I'm thankful for my friends (this should have been #2 but I got side tracked)
I have few people in my life that I would call "friend" you know who you are and I am more than thankful for you!

7. I'm thankful for Starbucks...yeah...really I am! Fraps have been known to pull me from even the worst moods!

8. I'm thankful to be living in the USA. Honestly I would not want to live anywhere else!

9. I'm thankful for my health and the health of the rest of my family

10. I'm thankful for my church. I feel so at home when I go.

11. I'm thankful (somewhat) that my hubby does not care if the house is not always clean and in order. Really, it does make things less stressful...if only I did not care.

12. Really..my life is full of so many things to be thankful for...I could count on one hand how many things in life that have happened to me that I am not thankful for. But really...I believe we are not in control...and things happen for a reason...so if we dug down real deep, even in the toughest times in life we could find something that came out of that situation that we could be thankful...really...sit and think about it...you may see that I'm right.

Wow...look at me...I am capable of doing homework...10 years late...but still!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone...take an extra second today to look around you...and count your blessings!

0 comments: