Friday, August 13, 2010

The motherload of updates...

I'm horrible at this lately. I just feel like nothing exciting is going on, but when I step back I realize things have happened that I want records of for my family. So, I'll warn ya know this may be long and it just might be boring.

* Brandon competed in Jiu Jitsu Worlds a few weeks back in Riverside, CA.
He took 2nd place in the gi and 1st in no gi. For everyone who is asking, "what the heck is a gi", the gi is the outfit (for lack of better words) that you see people wear in martial arts. Alyssa, Gabriella and I stayed back and Jeff, Brandon and some of our friends went.

* We celebrated Brandon's 8th birthday with a pool party. Thankfully, this year it didn't rain and everyone had a fantastic time. I'll post pictures when I'm at home.

* Alyssa is back in the swing of things with her dance schedule. We've added two, wait, three classes this year so she is currently taking...Jazz, Ballet, Pointe, Lyrical, Tap, Irish and Hip Hop. Next month rehearsals for The Nutcracker as well as company classes will start up and that will add an additional two if not three classes to her schedule.
Oh and just in case your curious, she will be dancing the roll of a Neapolitan Doll in the Nutcracker. :)

* Brandon is just getting over stept throat. I'm pretty sure Gabriella might be getting it too. Sounds like another fun weekend for me, huh?!

* Alyssa is going in Monday for an MRI. Turns out the kid can't smell. Hopefully we'll figure out whats going on with that. Not sure how long she hasn't been able to smell or it can be fixed, guess we'll find out soon.

* Brandon finished his last day of 2nd grade last Friday. Just in time to be sick. Still can't believe he'll be in the 3rd grade and Alyssa in the 7th. Really?! Where has the time gone?!

I'll update with pictures later tonight... :)

0 comments: