Thursday, December 24, 2009

A jumbled mess I call my thoughts...

It would be pointless to say that this time of year is hectic. Of course, everyone knows this already.
This year I had the pleasure of putting together the angel tree program at Brandon's school. It's something we as a PTA have done for years...this was my first time organizing it. All the families that we helped have children that attend Brandon's school. It was a crazy and somewhat stressful project trying to get everything organized. Calling the families, setting up the tree, making the gift tags to put on the tree, finding the time to get to the school EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. However, this morning I made my final delivery to a wonderful and deserving family and I got it. I was reminded about what Christmas was really about. I found myself sitting in my van, counting my blessings for the things I have and suddenly the feelings of "my kids won't have enough to open" all seemed to disappear and I realized none of that really mattered anyways.
I think about how stressed Mary felt on the first "Christmas"...
I mean, really. She was what, 14? 9 months pregnant riding on a donkey. Can you imagine the stress of that alone? She delivered her baby on the ground in a stable...
somewhere between then and now Christmas has lost it's meaning. I'm just as guilty as the next.
That all being said...

The kids are excited as ever for Santa's grand arrival. Alyssa and I made about 8 dozen cookies the other night...sadly the flour must have been bad and the cookies suck. Tis the season!
Jeff is sick...
I'm sure all the hours he has been working and his total lack of sleep has not helped the situation...poor daddy.
I'm off all next week!! I am THRILLED to death for some time off. I have big plans to clean the house. I know, I really should contain myself! :)
Gifts are wrapped, cards are sent, cookies are made (even if they do suck)...so I say...bring it on!!

0 comments: