Thursday, July 12, 2007

10 years...

10 years has gone by so fast! I got the email the other day about my 10 year HS reunion! No way is that possible! Than (with the help of all my hormones) I sat for hours replaying the last 1o years in my head.

Prom, April of 97...almost a year to the date before Alyssa was born. I never could have guessed that . My biggest worry that day was my puffy hair and how we were going to convince our driver to let us have booze in the limo.
I, as a person have changed so much. I'm still in love with my husband, a rare case in young marriages (and let's face it, how well could we have know each other after only 5 months!) I can't tell you the last time I had a night out with friends (with out our kids) heck, I can't even tell you the last time I was in the bathroom with out someone either standing right in front of me or yelling from behind the locked door!
Having Alyssa changed me in more ways that I ever could have been prepared for, suddenly being up at 2am did not mean I was just coming in from a night out. At 5 pounds she taught me what life was really all about, she pushed me onto the path that God had been trying to lead me to for 18 years. Now my faith and my family are what matter most to me.
I feel Brandon was given to me to help me learn how to relax and take life one day at a time...if you know Brandon you would understand this. He is the perfect example of the power of prayer!
Through the wonder of Myspace I have had the change to reconnect with old friends, I'm shocked at how little some of those people have changed...people that used to be my best friends I share nothing in common with them now. Honestly I'm a little sad for some of them...choosing parties over their kids and still call them self mom...that annoys me.

So...10 years later...this is who I am...a mini van driving, church going, PTA mom of 2...soon to be 3...who would have it no other way...so that being said..
Wishing you all of God's great blessings!
Laura

0 comments: